Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Match Day - First Indoor Match

I shot my first indoor USPSA match today.

Certainly different but a lot of fun.  Wayne County Racoon Hunters was hosting it at an indoor range in Belleville.

4 stages, all on the 50 yard indoor range with two stages run at a time in tandem with one shooter doing a stage to the left and then as soon as they finish a shooter doing the other stage on the right side.  Then both were scored and pasted and the next two shooters went up and then the squads swapped stages once everyone had run through their stage.

Then the stages were swapped out for the next stages.

Pretty neat, it worked very well and was a pretty quick match. Great bunch of shooters and I got some good advice for improving my shooting which is always good.

The dry fire practice I've been working on has helped a bit. I moved up one point on the hit factor scale - not much really, but its an improvement.  I ended up in the middle of the pack of shooters which was also an improvement for me.

The classifier was the El Presidente, which is almost never run at the matches I've been to, and is a lot of fun to shoot.

A good match, I had a great time shooting it, learned a bit and it was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

That's another 92 rounds through  the Masada with zero failures - even after completely tear down last night and having a deuce of a time getting the trigger return spring on the chassis to fit back into the frame in its proper slot.

No comments: