Monday, December 26, 2011

Range Day, Kid Day and Der Tag

This morning I met up with Murphy's Law and his nephew Spud and took them to the range.  It was a beautiful day, sunny and cold but crisp and we had the range all to ourselves.

We setup a couple paper targets and a mass of steel poppers and had at it.

I let the Spud shoot my Ruger Mark II. I must say, after the detailed cleaning I gave it, it functioned flawlessly with no extraction/ejection issues.

Spud did quite well shooting it, hitting the paper and "tinging" the poppers on just about every shot.

Murphy's Law had brought out, among other things, his Walther PPK.

The name is Law, Murphy's Law.
While most of the popper's wouldn't fall to the .380, a couple did, and he was getting his hits.

I shot my Glock 17 as ususal and fired a few other pistols as well including ML's PPK.  Now I want a PPK, drat.

ML and I also practiced some contact drills which were fun and rather enlightening.

We then went to the rifle range and I shot one of my AR-15s, ML shot his Mini-14 and Spud got to shoot my Marlin 795.  A good time was had by all and we were pinging the rifle range steel at 100 yards easily.

Then we had lunch together and then split up to go our separate ways for a bit. 

I went to link back up with the family at Check E Cheese's to celebrate one of the kid's friend's birthdays.  They had a good time, with Abby and Leah both winning a lot of tickets, and after that ended we commenced our next adventure.

I took Abby with me and we met ML and Spud at Zap Zone and played laser tag.

This was Abby's first time ever playing and she had a blast.  Abby ran around with us, shooting at the other team and having so much fun she asked to play another game and so we did.  I'm quite proud of how well she handled a dark and confusing environment.  She stuck close by and did great once she got the hang of it.

It was a great day and it was fun to get together with ML again. 

Tomorrow it is back to work yet again.

No comments: