Friday, March 18, 2022

PT: So, How About Ouch For An Answer?

In addition to flying, I Did a PT session today.

Apparently it's not just my IT Band that is a bit cross with me.

There's a piece of my leg south of the incision where the surface nerves are completely out of whack.  Pressure is felt, but not much other sensation in that spot which is about a palms-width in size.  Feels really strange but it should resolve itself eventually.

 Had a good workout set of the exercises, gave it my all, then got to lie and enjoy some heat on the leg and then the Therapist comes by as it's my turn to get manipulated.

So I'm getting worked on and I mention this dead spot to the physio therapist.

So he starts putting some pressure in the area.

"Does that hurt?"  "No"

"Does that hurt?"  "No"

"Does that hurt?"  "No"

"Does that hurt?"  "N-Yeargh!"

Don't think I caught air on that, but only because he was pushing down into my leg at the time. 

The surface nerves may be fried, but the nerves deeper in the quad muscle are present, still pissed off at being man-handled during the surgery, and absolutely not afraid to let me know that. 

This is part of why I'm having trouble sleeping through the night, as they occasionally fire off to let me know I was a jerk for letting them get moved around, and the muscle tends to be stiff and sore in the morning.

This will apparently all settle down in time, but they're not done messing with me for now.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Ouch! And yes, eventually they calm down... Eventually...